Wednesday, January 4, 2012

#188: Reading a Novel in One Sitting

Reason to Be Happy #188:
Reading a Novel in One Sitting


And, okay, so maybe not always one sitting (I'll often do that on planes), but in a couple big chunks. When you have the time to let a story truly transport you that way, it's a glorious thing. (This is what I did on New Year's Day, when I enjoyed #186: Staying in jammies all day. What was I reading? A galley of Kelly O'Conner McNees' new novel, In Need of a Good Wife. Oh, it's good. It's so, so good. I made an extra pot of coffee and just gave in to the book, savoring it with no hurry. It doesn't come out until October 2012, but mark your calendars. And if you haven't read her first novel, The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott, you could do yourself a favor and read that in the meantime...maybe in one sitting (or even two or three).

No comments:

Post a Comment