Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Laden Table


I am so honored and flattered. Nicola, a reader from the UK who I've corresponded with over the years, has told me: "I have just opened my new cafe/gallery called The Laden Table.... inspired by The Kindness of Strangers."

This is no ordinary cafe. In addition to amazing food, especially divine cakes, this is a creative space for the local community, offering creative writing classes, book clubs, and more. Nicola and I are scheming and dreaming about how to get me over there to do a workshop. Hmm. You all know how I feel about the power of dreaming!

Anyway, check out Nicola's The Laden Table. There is nothing more inspiring to me than people who pursue their dreams and make them manifest!

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! Love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is SO cool. It's got to be really, really weird to have something like that exist that came out of your head. I remember watching the extras on the movie "Stardust" and Neil Gaiman was talking about feeling bad because he wrote a flying pirate ship into his story and then the movie-people had to build it on set for multi-millions of dollars. Awesome for Nicola, too. It's just awesome all around :)

    ReplyDelete