Thursday, July 9, 2009

Facebook Music Challenge

I did it again...I fell for one of those silly Facebook challenges!

I have managed to avoid most of the "quizzes" they offer, such as "What drink are you?" "What Sex & the City character are you?" and "What crazy writer would you be?" ( I do not want to know the answer to that one!!!) Okay I admit, I did take the "What state are you?" and was pleased as punch to be New York. I enthusiastically dove into the "# of Days You Will Survive in the Zombie Invasion" challenge. The answer? "You survive the entire Zombie Apocalypse! You are a zombie killing deity."

These are lovely ego boosts on slow writing days.

This little challenge required a bit more brain power than most FB offerings. Since it was sent to me by my cool, groovy friend Holly G (no relation to Ali G), I couldn't resist.

Her directions: "Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to 15 people (or not) and include me. Try not to repeat a song title. It's harder than you think... but delightfully fun."

She used Billy Joel and was amazing. I thought about it, considering Suzanne Vega or Paul Simon, then one day when I was avoiding a particularly tricky revision I should be working on I decided to take a stab with the Rolling Stones. (and I cheated a couple times, using album names instead of just song titles).

Pick Your Artist: The Rolling Stones


Are you male or female: Bitch

Describe yourself: No Expectations

How do you feel about yourself: I Go Wild

Describe your current boy/girl situation: You Can't Always Get What you Want

Describe where you currently live: Made in the Shade

If you could go anywhere you wanted to go: Voodoo Lounge

Your favorite form of transportation: Wild Horses

Your best friend(s) is(are):Emotional Rescue

Your favorite color is: Brown Sugar

Favorite time of day: Moonlight Mile

If your life were a TV show, what would it be called: Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)

What is life to you: Connection

What is the best advice you have to give: Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

If you could change your name, what would it be: Susie Q

Thought for the Day: You Gotta Move

How I would like to die: Not Fade Away

My soul's present condition: Loving Cup

Try it some day...especially when there's something much more pressing and important on the desk next to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment