Saturday, November 26, 2011

#149: Thanksgiving Leftovers


Reason to Be Happy #149:
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS


There's something very satisfying and cozy about opening a fridge full of leftovers. It aids and abets the lovely laziness that should be part of the post-Thanksgiving days. It fills me with gratitude for the abundance in my life, and the fact that I've never truly known hunger. I love to put cranberry relish on my grilled turkey sandwiches. I love to fork the stuffing into my mashed sage sweet potatoes...and pour gravy over the concoction. I love to eat the caramelized Brussels sprouts cold. I love to put the whipping cream in my coffee. And, of course, it should go without saying that the pumpkin pie is for breakfast.

What are your leftover delicacies?

No comments:

Post a Comment