Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day!

I went to an Inauguration Party in Manhattan with champagne in my backpack, a spring in my step, and joy in my heart! Sam and Ed made fabulous gumbo and we all watched the event unfold. The speech was thrilling to me. As a word person, I’m just so moved by the beauty of Obama’s language. His sentences are not only COMPLETE, but complex. His metaphors are sustained. Even his use of prepositions is elegant. Ahh...

Let me not forget to mention the content of the speech as well. So moving. So inspiring. I know it’s cliched, and we’ve all been gushing so much we’re undoubtedly setting ourselves up for some disappointment, but I truly do feel hopeful. I joined in on the call to service and contacted Housing Works Book Store (they provide services to the homeless with HIV and AIDS here in NYC) and will be volunteering for them.

Later, I went to a celebratory dinner with my friend Sarah. We were at the V-Spot and the entire place was abuzz with happiness and excitement, nearly every table talking politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment