Tuesday, February 14, 2012

#229: Shoveling Your Neighbor's Sidewalk


Reason to Be Happy #229:
Shoveling the Snow From Your Neighbor's Walk Before They Can Do it Themselves


It just makes ya feel good. You feel mischievous while you're doing it. Especially if the neighbor is older, or sick, or has been distracted by a new baby or a crisis in the family, or, heck, just because. It's a small thing. It doesn't take long. But it's a lovely kindness and it makes me happy whenever I get away with it (especially when no one sees me, so they don't feel obligated to thank me).

1 comment:

  1. We have a similiar phenomenon that has begun in our neighborhood....every week. It is the trash tote bandit. Someone pulled the toter and recycle bins back to our garage one week...so now my kids sneak and pull someone else's back. It is quite fun to watch them scurry without being caught!

    ReplyDelete