Sunday, February 26, 2012

#241: The Academy Awards


Reason to Be Happy #241:
THE ACADEMY AWARDS

You may have noticed that I love the movies. I love the movies. I can't imagine life without the movies. The Academy Awards are like my Super Bowl. I've watched them since I was a little kid, from the first arrivals on the red carpet to the very very last farewell from the host. Sure the Oscars can be silly, political, but I don't care. I'm a sucker for every single bit of it. I love it best when something wild happens, like the streaker, or Jack Palance doing the one-armed push ups. Sometimes it's mind-numbingly dull, it's always way too long, but I never miss it. Billy Crystal has been, hands down, my favorite host so far, so I'm thrilled he'll be back this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment